An Orange, CA sewer backup is more than a major inconvenience. If not handled immediately, that backup can wreak havoc on your home. Keeping your home’s plumbing system working properly takes more than an occasional drain cleaner. If you’re facing a sewer backup issue, store-bought clog removers will have no effect and fixing the problem. The Done-Rite Plumbing & Rooter team consists of industry experts who can quickly identify when you’re facing a sewer backup and offer immediate services that will return your plumbing back to normal in as little time as possible.
Sewer Backup Orange, California
Homeowners in Orange and surrounding communities are responsible for the pipeline between the city sewer main and their home. If a lateral that extends off the city’s sewage system deteriorates or is penetrated by invasive tree roots, it’s up to the property owner to make necessary repairs.
Unfortunately, without a professional inspecting and diagnosing the issue, it is nearly impossible for a homeowner to know when a sewer backup has occurred. This type of plumbing problem can be caused by a number of things. The blockage can call for costly repairs and inhibit water and waste from flowing properly. Some of the most common causes of sewer backups include:
- Aging pipes: New homes continue to be built and attached to an aging pipe system, causing them to work even harder. When the systems can’t keep up, sewage seeps through home drains, manhole covers, and city street drains.
- Inappropriate waste: Grease and other foreign debris that are disposed of down drains and toils create build up along the pipes. Use your sink, shower, and toilets in the way they were intended.
- Married pipelines: Many cities have sewer systems that combine storm water and raw sewage piping. During heavy rain events, the systems can flood, sending sewage into low lying areas and drains.
- Tree root invasion: Mature trees have complex root systems. Those roots can penetrate through the underground sewer pipes, creating blockages. The repair cost will fall on the tree owner.
In order to determine the cause and severity of your sewer backup, call a licensed Orange, CA plumber to perform a camera inspection.
Detect Sewer Backup
The Done-Rite Plumbing & Rooter team will perform a thorough camera inspection to determine the exact location of the sewer backup, what caused the problem, and offer the best solution for your system.The sewer camera inspection will allow our technicians to clearly see any debris or tree roots that are causing the backup. The inspection is performed with a high definition water resistant camera that’s attached to a flexible cable. Once the problem has been located, our professionally-trained technicians will make the necessary repairs.
How We Solve Sewer Backup at Done-Rite
Solutions to Sewer Backup include a variety of services that can take care of the problem with speed and efficiency. Any one of the following solutions will leave your Orange pipes restored and flowing properly:
- Snaking: A plumbing auger allows the technician to grab and remove a specific clog.
- Hydro jetting: Hydro jetting is a chemical-free method used to clear debris, buildup and tree roots from pipes. Water is forced through the pipes at around 4000 PSI, washing away any clog.
- Pipe lining: Pipe lining may be needed if the sewer backup has caused a crack in the pipe, as with tree root invasion. We insert a removable liner coated in an epoxy resin into the pipe, then position it to align with the damaged areas. The liner is inflated and after a few hours, the resin cures into a new pipe against the inside of the old one that only reduces its diameter by one-quarter inch.
At Done-Rite Plumbing & Rooter, we offer a variety of sewer backup solutions to Orange and the surrounding Southern California communities. Our team will make repairs to ensure your plumbing continues to run smoothly. For questions about your sewer line or to request an estimate, contact our professional, courteous staff today.